We will be using the following software Release Exporter. I am using Ubuntu linux so this directions is for Ubuntu 20.04 or Ubuntu 22.04.
There is 2 installation options
- Install via pip
pip install release-exporter
- Or download the latest release from Github
- Then extract the release into an folder then run in the folder the following command
sudo python3 setup.py install
- This will install the rex command into linux.
- If its a private repository you will need to create a github token. Directions to create token on Github. I created a classic token. Scopes selected the repo scope which include repo:status, repo_deployment, public_repo, repo:invite, security_events.
- To run the software go to your repository folder and run the following command. You will need to add the token part if its a private repository.
rex --token <your token> markdown
- After the above command was run there will be a file called "CHANGELOG.md" in your repository folder.
Hope this helps