After I upgraded from Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 20.04. The saved bookmark in the files program in Gnome didn't connect to my old SMBv1 NAS device.
SMBv1 was disabled by default for security concerns. But because my old NAS is only on my local network and not visible from internet. I feel its fine to use it.
Because there is steps missing on the web. I am documenting my steps to get SMBv1 working in Ubuntu 20.04.
- Open command prompt.
- Execute "sudo apt install smbclient" because I didn't have smb.conf file.
- Then edit file smb.conf "sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf"
- Put somewhere below "[global]" the following line in "client min protocol = NT1"
- Save smb.conf with Control Button and X.
- With me I didn't need to restart any service. Actualy the restart service command didn't work. It just started to work in the files software.
Hope this article help. enjoy.